Most of us will have indulged in some seasonal excess at some point this Christmas- but perhaps not to the extent of this man, who was hospitalised after downing an entire carton of eggnog in 12 seconds.
Ryan Roche, from Utah, America, spent three days in hospital fighting double lung pneumonia after downing the festive tipple at his work Christmas party.
Shortly after consuming the drink, he began to feel its severe effects.
He told Fox News: ‘I couldn’t get air.
‘I started clearing my airwaves, and I basically was aspirating eggnog’.
His wife, Emily Roche, was filming the contest and immediately noticed that her husband was struggling to breathe.
She said: ‘It was scary. We had no idea what was happening’.
He was admitted to hospital later that evening, and recovered a whole 72 hours after the ill-advised stunt, with his wife desperately hoping that he would recover in time for Christmas.
She said: ‘When he was in the hospital, I’m like, don’t let this ruin Christmas, whatever you do. We’ve got two weeks, pull out of this’.
Despite being hospitalised, Mr Roche won a $50 gift card, and has admitted that he hasn’t ruled out trying Eggnog in the future.
He said: ‘People ask me “are you ever going to drink eggnog again?” Maybe someday I’ll venture out and have a sip’.
MORE: Christmas rail fiasco boss will not receive £371,000 payoff
MORE: Twitter kicks off over reduced size of Christmas chocolate tins